above *The above tour consists of ‘snapshots’ from the Training Course on Centrifugal Pumps, which focuses on Multimedia inputs like Graphics, Animation and Interactivity! *Snapshots navigate on their own! However navigation buttons can also be used!
Yes Yen - Computer Based Training (CBT) & Management Solutions for Industrial Operation, Maintenance & Technical Skills
CENTRIFUGAL PUMP & TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
- A FEW HIGHLIGHTS
Basics & Principles of Centrifugal Pump - Working
Detailed understanding of API - 610 types of pumps
Extensive 2D / 3D Graphics, Models and Animations
An Interactive, Graphically supported Troubleshooting Guide
Glossary, Games on Component Assembly, Skill tests, Certificate printouts…
The Centrifugal Pump Training Course covers a large range of Pump types (includes API 610 type like Overhung Pumps, Between Bearing Pumps and Vertical Suspended Pumps) and provides a detailed Pump Classification. The primary focus on Centrifugal Pump Graphic / Centrifugal Pump Animation helps in very clearly understanding Centrifugal Pump Maintenance Procedures & Centrifugal Pump Operating Principle / Centrifugal Pump Working Principle like Pump Cavitation, Pump Performance Curves, Pump NPSH, Pump Suction Head, Pump Discharge Head, Pump Priming, etc. and aids in Pump Repair. The CBT provides detailed knowledge on Pump Assembly and Dismantling. The Centrifugal Pump Training Program has a dedicated module to assist Pump Troubleshooting. Animated Cut-Sections give a Deep Insight into Centrifugal Pump Operation and how Centrifugal Pumps work…
Download DETAILED TOURS of all the Training Courses from the 'DOWNLOADS' page! Also avail other Engineering / Equipment related 'DOWNLOADS'!
5. Conventional and Interactive Skill Tests with evaluation
6. Games – Component assembly
6.1. Overhung pump – OH
6.2. Between bearing pump – BB
6.3. Vertical suspended pump – VS
7. Technical Glossary
8. Troubleshooting Guide
This troubleshooting guide, besides being a training package also serves as a day-to-day reference for Operation and Maintenance. Defective pumps will express one or more of the indicated symptoms of failure or deviation of normal operation. This Operation and Maintenance solution package attempts to bring out the root-causes (System/ Operation / Mechanical troubles) by selecting the symptoms that the subject pump is exhibiting
• Failure or deviation symptoms
o Pump does not deliver
o Insufficient capacity delivered
o Insufficient discharge pressure developed
o Pump loses prime after starting
o Pump requires excessive power
o Stuffing box / mechanical seal leak excessively
o Packing / mechanical seal has short life
o Pump vibrates or noisy
o Bearing have short life
o Pump overheats and seizes
• Around 45 specific root-causes have been identified similar to the few listed below:
o Pump not primed
o Suction lift too high
o Insufficient margin between suction pressure and vapor pressure
o Total head required by process lower than pump design
o Specific gravity of liquid different from design
o Operation at very low capacity
o Parallel operation of pumps unsuitable for such operation
o Bearings worn out
o Wearing rings worn out
o Rotor out of balance causing vibration
o Improper selection, fitting or usage of mechanical seal
o Lack of lubrication
• And this guide stands out exclusively with its enhanced graphical explanation of the root-causes, which includes interactivity and extensive animation.
• The learner / user is well guided by a series of questions, which helps him to accurately pinpoint the root cause.
• A brief troubleshooting module on mechanical seal is also included.
• The user can avail printouts of the observed failure symptoms and related root-cause for record.
• From the glossary the learner / user can avail a good understanding on pump related technical terms such as: Affinity laws for pump performance, Air entrapment, Air leak, Air pocket, Bearing defects, Bent shaft, Capacity, Cavitation, Direction of rotation, Foot valve, Foundation, Gland packing, Hydraulic imbalance, Imbalance, Impeller defect, Impeller improper, Internal rubbing, Lubrication, Mechanical seal, Misalignment, NPSH and related discussions, Parallel operation, Priming, Pump head, Pump performance curves, Pump suction, Shaft sleeve, Specific gravity, Speed low, Stuffing box, Suction lift, System resistance curve, Thrust, Vapor pressure, Vapor pressure and cavitation, Vibration, Viscosity and Wear ring.
Above indicated topics are supported with graphical depiction and animation besides textual description.
Yes Yen GraphiTech – Benchmarked Training Solution Providers for Industrial Plant and Maritime / Marine Engineering – Operation (Operator), Maintenance, Engineer, Technician and Mechanic – Technical Skills Development…
Training Courses Stand-out with its focus on Multimedia Inputs like Graphic, Animation and Interactivity, which Generates Interest, Increases Understanding and Enhances Retention…
Computer Based Training (CBT) Software Courses available on a wide range of Industrial Technical Skills, Engineering Practices and Mechanical Equipment topics…
The Training Courses include Detailed Step-By-Step Explanations with Interactivity. Mechanical Equipment Courses include Step-By-Step general Procedure for Installation, Assembly and Dismantling. The primary focus on Graphics / Animations helps in very clearly understanding Operating / Working Principles & Maintenance Procedures and aids in Equipment Repair. Animated Equipment Cut-Sections give a Deep Insight into how the Equipment works…
Industrial Technical Training Content also developed for Customized Requirements…